July 23, 2013

100 days!!! Skeleton comparison revisited

 Last year for the Countdown to Halloween challenge, I did a side-by-side comparison of the Garden Ridge $50 skeleton and the Walgreen's $30 model.  At the time, I was leaning in favor of the Walgreen's skelly.

Then this past weekend, I went back to Garden Ridge since I knew they were getting fall things in. I noticed they must have gotten a new supplier for the skeletons!  But the shoulder & hip joints have this considerably sturdier stirrup-looking attachment and the seams on the bones were not split.

I am wanting to get another skelly this year - I think I may fork out the extra $20 and get the G.R. model!  And of course I'd do an updated comparison of all 3.



I also couldn't pass up another blowmold!  Frankie was actually too tall to stand on the back seat of my car and had to recline with his feet in my back.   I know, smart people would have tossed him in the trunk or laid him down on the seat.  But where is the fun in that???


7 comments:

  1. I'm hearing really good things about the poseable Skelly at Costco's for under $40 too. Now I just have to find someone with a Costco membership. Even with the metal brackets from the Garden Ridge skelly I had an arm kept falling off. Check where the screws go into the plastic real good before taking him home. Skeletons can be troublesome. i think it's their upbringing, bad parenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!?!?! Those darn irresponsible skeleton parents!

      I wonder if a bit of glue or clear nail polish would keep the screws from coming out?

      Delete
  2. I've yet to see these infamous Walgreens skellies! I'm going to have to stalk the Walgreens in my area early this year. I paid $80 for the skelly that I all ready hav. I'm glad to see that there are inexpensive alternatives to expensive skellies and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for them :) I don't have a Garden Ridge or a Costco in my area, but I did notice that Wal-Mart had some decent looking skellies last year so that might be an option too.
    Can't wait to see your comparison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the Walmart ones are very similar to the Walgreens ones. I recall seeing them last year at a Supercenter, not the regular WallyWorld. Pretty close in price, too.

      Oh man, the pressure is on!

      Delete
  3. I have a contact at one of our area Walgreens... They call me when they are in the stockroom and I go get as many as I want with employee discount. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough* *cough* Muahahaha*cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it true that they only get in 4 per store??? There are threads on the Halloween forum and I saw that on there.

      An employee discount? That could be dangerous!

      Delete
  4. I have a friend that fixes those blow molds. But she is Christmas folk. I know, I hang with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!