August 09, 2016

Cemetery Tuesday - Stoney Creek Cemetery

I actually visited here back in October, 2012.  Stoney Creek Cemetery is located in Rochester Hills, MI in Oakland County along a lovely, tree-lined residential street.  
It was added to the state historical register in 2006.
I'm pretty sure I accidentally took pics of most of the names on the marker. 
Pretty sure this said "Our Mother" before they added the Daughter of a Revolutionary Solider plaque - which, by the way, I've never seen before. 
She's buried here, yet she donated land nearby in Rochester Hills for 
a cemetery that bears her name! 
This is the tall stone from inside the fenced plot above. 
There's all sorts of interesting info on the Masons online. 
I don't think I've seen one with a dead dove (right side of cross) on it before. 
A little bit of fall in the heat of August!
HEY! 
Sisters?
A man and his consort. 
He clearly wasn't buried here. 
Parents on the front, kids on the back.  
All their individual stones are behind.
Bug!

I'm really enjoying revisiting my photo archives! 

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!