April 17, 2013

O is for Ossuraies

Welcome to Day 15 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013! Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order! This blog is all about my love of Halloween. I'm not into gore, so don't expect to see a lot of that. I love exploring cemeteries, so several of those will be featured, as well as props I have made and other ideas I've admired on the Halloween Forum and Haunt Forum and Pinterest.

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too. 
Check them out!
Random Ramblings - lives up to its name. Totally random.
The Life of Lisa - health & weight loss related

********************
Ossuaries are churches that are covered in human remains.  They mostly are located in areas that were hit heavily with the plague, causing many people to die at one time, or places that simply ran out of room. 

These are creepy, yet fascinatingly cool at the same time. 

The Beinhaus (Bone House) in Hallstatt, Austria

The Skull Cathedral of Otranto, Italy

Skull Tower of Niš, Serbia

The Capuchin Catacombs of Palermo, Italy

The Chapel of Bones, Evora, Portugal

The Sedlec Ossuary, Kutná Hora, Czech Republic

Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini, Rome, Italy

San Bernardino alle Ossa, Milan, Italy

Skull Chapel, Czermna, Poland

Catacombs of Paris, France

Brno Ossuary, Brno, Czech Republic

To read more about these {insert adjective of your choosing here} places, 
visit HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, I am now running over to Pinterest to start an Ossuaries board. Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of looking on Pinterest for them! Now I'm heading over there, too!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!