February 14, 2016

Spent some dollas today...

Randy & I went out to dinner for Valentines Day tonight (or last night, since it was after midnight when I posted this), so we can have Chinese carry out tomorrow in the peace & comfort of our own home.  For some reason, we always seem to end up going out to dinner, then finding ourselves at one of the local Salvation Armies (or sometimes WalMart) to walk off dinner.   Tonight was no different, except we went to two!.

I got some new pieces for my ceramic village.  In this first one, there's a bat and the moon on little wire coils so they bounce.  
 This one has a dangling spider and has a place for a tealight candle in the back. 
 This one is my favorite!  It's a little pirate ship! 
I also found a neat old jewelry box that has a cameo of some girl on the cover, but I needed something to put my earrings in that is kitten-proof!  I haven't decided it I'm going to repaint it or not.  The music box doesn't work, but I'm OK with that.  I don't want it to start playing at random and give me a heart attack!
 Earlier today I was at Hobby Lobby and I found the paints to use on the horse project.  They're all of a satin finish and instead of bright white for the bones, I found "white birch" which is a bit more ivory looking. 
I better make sure I get the apothecary out in 2016, because I found more cool things to adorn bottles & such!  I have a box of stuff just to use, so I need to bring it out to the light of day!
I have a lot of pieces like that, along with beads & costume jewelry & such to use.....I found this idea on Pinterest , but I was thinking of a skull....
I've been wanting to make one of these after seeing one a friend had displayed at Christmastime:
OH ~clicking back some posts~ I never showed you this!  Randy & I were at an antique store and saw these in a display case.  I didn't get them at the time, but I couldn't stop thinking about them, mainly the dragon.  So I went back the next day.  


Ugh.  Lousy color, but you can see how huge it is!  
I don't know if that will be put in a frame or not.  It's too heavy to actually wear, but it's too pretty to stick in a box where noone can see.  This will require some thought! 

#MGC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!