October 03, 2016

28 days - Social Media plugs


Happy 2016 Countdown, folks!  

I got it in my head to actually advertise the cemetery a wee bit this year. 

I had a couple ideas for getting at least my Facebook page out there flit thru my mind so I went to my resident good-idea man (the hubby) for his thoughts.  He brought up a sign of sorts and after some brainstorming, this is what developed!  
I'm quite happy with my bricks. 
Paver bricks from Lowe's - about $2.50 for the three.  
Approximately 6x6 inches. 
Scrubbed & let dry for about 24 hours in the house. 
 A nice coat or two of DryLok.
Paint in the appropriate colors, 
even tho I know the colors will be jacked up due to the red spotlight. 
 I printed out each of the logos and sketched them free-hand in pencil, 
then filled in with paint. 
FYI - the Twitter logo on your phone has less detail. 

This project took a lot longer than I'd planned - it's been raining so it was humid as crap and they were taking forever to dry.  I set a fan on them and still couldn't figure out why the Instagram brick looked like it wasn't drying....I'd used gloss gray paint!  Doh! 
Today ended up being pretty decent, so I sat them outside & sprayed them with a clear matte indoor / outdoor Krylon spray paint to protect the acrylics and here's how they look! 

And I figured if you use that particular form of media, you'll recognize the logo.  I double checked that when you go to each of the social media pages and search for Maple Grove Cemetery, you actually do find me.  


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

1 comment:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!